neighborhood narratives shine a light on locals who inspire
our feb. 5th edition focuses on our ambition pillar
FEATURING NEEDHAM HIGH SCHOOL'S KIKI MCINTRYE
- Needham High School senior Kiara “Kiki” McIntrye, the Rocket’s point guard and Varsity team captain, has her eye on a state championship with her squad's impressive 13-1 record.
- A two-time Boston Globe All-Scholastic, Kiki is following in the footsteps of her parents and older sister Takora by playing college ball—landing a scholarship last fall to Saint Leo University, a D2 Catholic school in Central Florida.
- Kiki’s impressive ambition is also paired with a soulful approach: she does it for her father, who passed away almost two years ago. “I want to do it for [my father], and I want to be the best I can be for him . . . That’s what pushed me to get in the gym more and be the best I can be,” she told the Boston Globe in a recent interview.
- A Sweet Seventeen(th year) it will be for Kiki if she and her teammates make it all the way. “We’ve seen a taste of how close we can get to a state championship,” said Kiara, who, at 5-foot-7, is averaging 14 points, seven rebounds, four steals, and three assists per game. “We’ve seen how good it feels, and now we’re chasing for everything." (Boston Globe)
- Kiki, thank you for inspiring your Needham Neighborhood, and beyond! Go Rockets!
- Follow Kiki on Twitter .... @KiaraMcIntyre18